Certified Service Technician (CST℠) - Complete Course
Certified Service Technician (CSTSM)
This online self-paced course takes you through the APSP Service Tech Manual and gives you what you need to know to conform to industry standards. You will be able to explain common problems with pool finishes and how to repair them; keep pools running more efficiently with a better understanding of circulation, filtration, hydraulics and electricity; grow your practical knowledge and gain troubleshooting skills and resources; and distinguish yourself as an experienced and knowledgeable service technician.
You do not need to have completed the CMS certification in order to take this course and sit for the CST exam, but you will be expected to have acquired the core knowledge covered in that course. We recommend that you have at least 1-2 years of experience in pool/spa service and repair to expect to be successful on the certification exam.
Target Audience: The CST course is for individuals with at least 1-2 years of experience in pool and spa service and repair.What You Get With The Course:
- Eight weeks access to the virtual course
- APSP Service Technician Manual
- CST Certified Service Technician Workbook
- Chemical Safety
- Drowning and Accident Prevention
- Electrical Safety
- Filter Safety
- Basic Calculations
- Customer Service
- Legal Considerations
- Troubleshooting Resources
- Basic Water Chemistry
- Chemical Safety
- Pool and Spa Water Sanitizers
- Water Balance
- Water Testing
Structures and Finishes
- Pool and Spa Structures
- Interior Finishes and Repairs
- Spa Shell Repairs
Circulation, Filtration and Hydraulics
- The Circulation System
- Filter Rate, Efficiency and Performance
- New Design Considerations
- Basic Electrical Circuit
- Basic Electricity
- Pool and Spa Lighting
Heaters and Optional Equipment
- Gas Heaters
- Heat Pumps
- Chemical Feeders and Generators
- Electromechanical (Pneumatic) Controls
- Understanding Control Systems
- Routine Maintenance
- Seasonal and Special Care
- Startup Procedures
Course Fee: $573/member and $723/non-member. This fee includes the Service Tech Manual, which will be shipped to you once you register.
Exam Information: To become certified as a CST Certified Service Technician®, you must complete the CST course and take the CST Exam. An additional registration form and $115 fee for the CST exam is required. The CST exam is 2.5 hours long, open book exam with 100 multiple choice questions. You must score 75% or better to pass (answering at least 75 questions correctly).
Choose How to Take the Exam:
- On a computer at a PSI computer testing center near you. Computer testing gives immediate test results and flexible time to take the exam.
- At an APSP national, regional or chapter-sponsored testing event. A list of upcoming events can be found at APSPUniversity.org. You will receive your exam results by US Mail approximately 3 weeks after the exam.
Please contact APSP at email@example.com or 703-838-0083 ext. 127 for additional information on the CST exam and application process.
Learning Objectives: After completing this course the student will be able to explain common problems with pool finishes and how to repair them; keep pools running more efficiently with a better understanding of circulation, filtration, hydraulics and electricity; grow your practical knowledge and gain troubleshooting skills and resources; and distinguish yourself as an experienced and knowledgeable service technician.
How You Will Benefit:
- Advance your career and earn the in demand skills employers want.
- Become eligible to sit for the CST exam.
- Earn 24 CEUs.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Online Record of Completion.