Certified Maintenance Specialist (CMS℠) - Complete Course
This course takes you through the APSP Service Tech Manual and gives you what you need to know to conform to industry standards. After completing this course the student will have gained a strong understanding of Safety, Pool Circulation and Filtration, Pool Maintenance, and Water Quality; learned about other important topics such as electrical systems, pool structures and finishes, heaters and controls, and customer service; and earned a name for yourself in the pool industry as a maintenance person in the know!
Registrants for the course receive a copy of the APSP Service Tech Manual and the CMS Workbook.
Once you complete this course you are required to pass the online 25 question multiple choice test to receive your course completion certificate. This is an open book test - use the APSP Service Tech Manual that you received in the mail. You have 3 chances to pass the test and can take as much time as you need.This course test is excellent preparation for the CMS Certification Exam and will better help you successfully complete the CMS Exam and become a Certified Maintenance Specialist!
Target Audience: The CMS course is for those new to the pool and spa industry or are working a pool maintenance route.
CMS Certification Exam Information: To become certified as a CMS Certified Maintenance Specialist®, you must complete the CMS course and then take the CMS Exam. An additional registration form and $115 fee for the CMS exam is required. The CMS exam is 1.5 hours long, open book exam with 75 multiple choice questions. You must score 75% or better to pass (answering at least 56 questions correctly).
Choose How to Take the Exam:
- On a computer at a PSI computer testing center near you. Computer testing gives immediate test results and flexible time to take the exam. For a list of PSI computer test centers CLICK HERE. Then, click on TEST CENTERS on the right side of the page and enter the State where you would like to test. A list of test centers will be revealed.
- At an APSP national, regional or chapter-sponsored testing event. A list of upcoming events can be found at APSPUniversity.org. You will receive your exam results by US Mail approximately 3 weeks after the exam.
Please contact APSP at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-838-0083 ext. 127 for additional information on the CMS exam and application process.
The objective of the CMS training program is help elevate the professionalism of a company and an individual pool and spa service technician:
- Higher professional status
- Reliability of skills
- Competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Addition skill levels
- Greater confidence in knowledge & performance
- Increased efficiency
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Online Record of Completion.