Pool & Spa Construction Course (PSCC) - Complete Course
Pool and Spa Construction Course (PSCC)
This online self-paced course takes you through the APSP Builders Manual and gives you what you need to know to conform to industry standards. The course covers all types of pool and spa water feature construction, and reviews the construction process in detail from design to pool and spa start-up.
Target Audience: The PSCC is for novice and experienced pool builders, as well as designers who need to know more about pool and spa construction. This course is an excellent preparation for the CBP Certified Building Professional® exam.
How You Will Benefit:
- Advance your career and earn the in demand skills employers want.
- Become eligible to sit for the Certified Building Professional (CBP) exam.
- Earn 24 CEUs.
What You Get With The Course:
- Eight weeks access to the virtual course
- APSP Builders Manual
- APSP Pool and Spa Construction Workbook
- Workplace Safety
- Chemical Safety
- Electrical safety
- Structural Safety
- Business and Finance
- Loss Control
Preliminary Planning and Layout
- Layout and Staking
- Pool Math
- Project Layout
- Excavating Equipment
- Applicable OSHA Regulations
- Excavation Guidelines
Circulation, Filtration and Hydraulics
- Circulation and Piping
- System Requirements
- Filter Types
- Using TDH Information
- Turnover and flow rate
- Basic Electric Circuit
- Electrical Code Requirements
- Pool and Spa Lighting
- Working with Concrete and Related Materials
- Concrete Pool and Spa Structures
- Fiberglass pool construction
- Vinyl Liner Construction
- Aboveground/Onground Pool
- Vanishing Edge Pools
- Perimeter Overflow Pools
- Concrete decks
- Non-concrete decks
- Coping, Tile and Interior Surfaces
- Coping, Tiling, Paint
- Interior Finishes for Concrete Pools
- Chemical feeders
- Dehumidying, Heating, Venting and Air Handling
- Pool and Spa Covers
- Fire Elements
- Basic Water Chemistry
- Informing Your Customers About Safety
Course Fee: $623/member and $773/non-member. This fee includes the additional $24 shipping and handling fee for the books.
Exam Information: To become certified as a CBP Certified Builders Professional®, you must have 5 years industry experience, have completed 24 CEUs in the past 3 years and take the CBP Exam. An additional registration form and $250 fee for the CBP exam is required. The CBP exam is 3 hours long, closed book exam with 150 multiple choice questions. You must score 75% or better to pass (answering at least 113 questions correctly).
Choose How to Take the Exam:
• On a computer at a PSI computer testing center near you. Computer testing gives immediate test results and flexible time to take the exam.
• At an APSP national, regional or chapter-sponsored testing event. A list of upcoming events can be found at APSPUniversity.org. You will receive your exam results by US Mail approximately 3 weeks after the exam.
Please contact APSP at email@example.com or 703-838-0083 ext. 127 for additional information on the CBP exam and application process.
After completing this course the student will have:
- gained a strong understanding of safety, pool circulation, filtration, and water quality
- learned about other important topics such as planning, project layout, excavation, electrical systems, pool structures and finishes, heaters and controls, and business practices.
- Earned a name for yourself in the pool industry as a builder in the know!
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Online Record of Completion